[ITK-users] Conductance parameter on CurvatureAnisotropicDiffusion Filtering

Thanos thanosxania at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 05:31:13 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I am using the algorithm for Curvature Anisotropic Diffusion where it uses
the algorithm from Whitaker MCDE. As it is also mentioned on the User's
guide the conductance modified curvature term is the divergence of the
normalized gradient. (I also had a look on the original paper) So, as far as
I understand the conductance, which is the curvature of the level set, is
defined by the level set function and therefore the image. Then why do we
have to set the value of the parameter in order to run the example?
Please forgive me if I understood something wrong.
Looking forward for your answers!

Best regards,
Thanos