[ITK-users] fastest way of calculating highest value on watershed each line branches

asertyuio asertyuio at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 15 15:41:15 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm calculating the watershed transform of an image based on some
markers. Now, I want to calculate the maximum value of the image on each
branch of the lines separating watershed labels.

I haven't found anything in ITK to separate the different branches.

I'm thinking of a good way of implementing this. My idea would be to use
a neighborhood iterator marching on the lines to list pixels belonging
to the different branches of the watershed lines, and then use some sort
of point set to calculate the max intensity in the original image.

Do you think it is a good way to go, or is there some better alternatives ?

Many thanks,

Yann