[ITK-users] Reading nifti files

Cyril Mory cyril.mory at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Mar 17 11:21:58 EDT 2017

Hi ITK users,

I have recently started working with nifti files, to collaborate with a
colleague that uses this format. But the itk::ImageFileReader does not
correctly open the nifti files I have (image size, offset and direction
matrix are wrong). I use a recent version of ITK (commit from Feb 6
18:02:49 2017), but my colleague has his own fork from nifti_reg, which
is several years old.

Two questions:
- Does someone have experience in manipulating nifti files from ITK, and
if so, is it supposed to work fine ?
- Have there been important modifications in the nifti format in the
last years, which the ITK reader would have followed, and which could
cause the issues I'm seeing when opening old ones ?

Best regards,
Cyril