[ITK-users] Create ITK Project with CUDA from CMake

D'Isidoro Fabio fisidoro at ethz.ch
Tue Mar 21 13:49:23 EDT 2017

Hallo,

I have a .cu CUDA main code which makes use of itk to read and write images.

How can I create a new ITK project with Cmake that include CUDA? I could not find any tutorial/description on it. Since I am not familiar with Cmake, I would need an understandable and detailed description.

The most basic CmakeLists.txt I could find does not work:

------------------------------
project(CUDAitk)

find_package(ITK REQUIRED)
include(${ITK_USE_FILE})

find_package(CUDA REQUIRED)

CUDA_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${ITK_INCLUDE_DIRS})

cuda_add_executable(CUDAitk CUDAitk.cu)
target_link_libraries(CUDAitk ${ITK_LIBRARIES})

The compling errors I get are like:

error C2244: 'itk::FixedArray<TValue,VLength>::FixedArray': unable to match function definition to an existing declaration

CMake Error at CUDAitk_generated_CUDAitk.cu.obj.Debug.cmake:267 (message):
    Error generating file
    C:/Users/Fabio/Documents/CUDAitk_cpp2/bin/CMakeFiles/CUDAitk.dir//Debug/CUDAitk_generated_CUDAitk.cu.obj

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Fabio