[ITK-users] [ITK] simple ITK C# show image

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri May 5 13:11:47 EDT 2017

Hello,

The documentation for the sitk::Show method can be found here:
https://itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/namespaceitk_1_1simple.html#ac8416e6e7f02dedfe8373b83dbea411d

I suspect that you don’t have Fiji/ImageJ installed, or the method was not able to locate the executable. There are some environment variables that can be set to properly configure it.

The Show method is designed to be a convenience method to launch an external viewer to display data. It is convenient to use in interactive environments such as python or R for a quick display.

SimpleITK provides wrapping for a large number of languages include Python, R, Lua, Tcl, Ruby, Java and C#. Some languages have more examples then others. In general it’s not too hard to figure out how to translate an useful example from one language to another.

You can find a list of basic examples here:

https://itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/examples.html

And may Python and R notebooks here:

https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/SimpleITK-Notebooks

Hope that helps,