[ITK-users] Creating 3D dome using ITK

sidharta sidharta.gupta93 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 11:10:02 EDT 2017

Dear Froncois

Thank you for your reply. The reason why I need this dome is because it
mimics a burr (drill bit). So, I extract densities in a cubic volume and
then mask this cube with the dome, which essentially would give me an image
which shows what densities will the burr encounter while drilling. The
ellipse object seems to be the key here but I don't know how to transform.
The rotation would be identity but the translation is the key. So following
is a pseudo code with I came up with, correct me if I am wrong:

1. Make an ellipse object of radius = 2 * edge length of the cube.
2. With SpatialObjectToImageFilter, set size of the image as the edge length
of the cube (in all dimensions). Then transform the object (ellipse) so that
the center of the ellipse lies at the origin of the image. This is what I am
not able to figure how to achieve.

Kindly let me know what you think

Regards,
Sidharta