[ITK-users] CropImageFilter, multithreading

Jonas Teuwen jonasteuwen at gmail.com
Mon May 22 05:59:01 EDT 2017

Dear all,

Currently I have SimpleITK code to extract patches from a 3D medical image
to train a neural network with. I do this with CropImageFilter and check if
they are on the edge or not, and pad if necessary.

Currently this is done offline, so speed is not really an issue, however, I
would like to do this online now, so load the image and mask, and return
the patches. If I want to extract many small patches, about 1000 out of a
large image (~3000x3000x50 or so) is there any reason why I would not use
OpenMP instead of ITK's possibilities? I do not have a good understanding
of the multithreading capabilities yet, so any pointers would be great.

Best,
Jonas Teuwen