[ITK-users] Variable Matrix Access Violiotation

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Sep 11 14:08:11 EDT 2017

Yes, unsigned int’s  max is ~4GB, so it “could” work. But working with unsigned integers in the 2GB-3GB range is problematic and trick when subtraction and offsets need to be computed. It is a big red flag to me.

Another possibility, is that the program was just compiled in 32-bit mode. I don’t think a win32 application can allocate that much memory.

Brad