[ITK-users] Rotation of anisotropic 3D image

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Tue Sep 12 08:55:03 EDT 2017

Hello Antoine,

What you are doing is correct. What I would do is that I would use the
smallest value of the spacing and create an isotropic output image (similar
to what you are doing with setting your output spacing to {0.1,0.1,0.1},
but in an automatic manner.
The only reason I can think of why you are getting an enterely black output
image is maybe because your output image space does not cover your
transformed image. If you decrease the spacing, you also need to adjust the
image size to make sure that your transformed image will be contained in
the output image space.
I created a project a long time ago that computes the output image space
based on an input image and a transform [1]. Maybe looking at that project
will help you.

Hope this helps,
Francois

[1]