[ITK-users] [ITK] problem with RelabelComponentImageFilter

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Sep 28 10:49:47 EDT 2017

Hello,

You initial report said “the output image is filled with black”. It is unclear how you are viewing the image. Perhaps it is just 0’s and 1’s, and you can not see such faint values on the display.

I’d suggest running the LabelStatisticsImageFilter on the results to print the number of labels in the output and their sized. You could also run this on the input too, to get the expected results.

You could also set ` relabelFilter.debugOn()`, this will print the ITK filter’s state before it’s executed, so that you can verify the parameters are correctly set.

The missing GetOriginalNumberOfObjects in SimpleITK is an oversight. Could you please create a feature request on the Github issue tracker[1].

[1] https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/issues