[ITK-users] [ANN] ITK 5.0.0 alpha is coming soon!

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Mon Apr 2 14:12:25 EDT 2018

Hello fellow ITK developers,

We are planning to tag ITK 5.0.0 alpha later this week (around April 6th).
Prior to this, there will be a freeze in the patches that are merged into
ITK. This week, we will be careful to only merge patches that solves
important bugs and help to clean up the dashboard. More improvements will
be integrated into ITK 5.0.0 before the final release is tagged. The alpha
tag does not mean that this is a feature freeze for ITK 5.0.0. We will
follow the usual ITK release process and create release candidates when the
real feature freeze happens. This alpha release is a preview to allow
developers to get their code ready for this exciting new ITK version that
integrates a large number of great improvements.