[ITK-users] Binary Volume Registration by maximizing overlapping between two volumes

Sharmin Sultana ssult003 at odu.edu
Tue Apr 10 11:28:50 EDT 2018

Hi

I am trying to rigidly register two segmented 3D binary volume. What I need
is to maximize the overlapping between two volumes.

I tried MatchingCardinalityImageToImageMetric and Amoeba Optimizer as in
example ImageRegistration19.cxx. It works for 2D image, however in 3D it is
very slow and at the end of the registration the moving image doesn’t align
with the fixed image.

Is there any registration example in ITK that works well for binary volume
registration? I was wondering if there is anyone who used
KappaStatisticImageToImageMetric to do binary volume registration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Sharmin