[ITK-users] VNL matrix with the Python wrapper

Guillaume Lemaître g.lemaitre58 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 10:26:11 EST 2018

Hi All,

I am using the python wrapper of itk to manipulate. I checked the quick
start guide (
http://itkpythonpackage.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Quick_start_guide.html#usage)
to go from numpy to vnl matrices and vice-versa. However, I got into
trouble when trying to use those utils with itk images. As a short example:

```python
>>> import numpy as np

>>> img = np.random.random((100, 100, 100))
>>> img_itk = itk.GetImageFromArray(img)

>>> vnl_matrix = img_itk.GetDirection().GetVnlMatrix()
>>> type(vnl_matrix)
vnl_matrix_fixedPython.vnl_matrix_fixedD_3_3

>>> itk.GetArrayFromVnlMatrix(vnl_matrix)

TypeError: in method 'itkPyVnlD__GetArrayViewFromVnlMatrix', argument 1 of
type 'vnl_matrixD *'
```

So what would the proper way of converting this matrix into a numpy array
or view.

Cheers,
--
Guillaume Lemaitre