[ITK-users] sitk.ReadImage for known deformation fields in dcm or niftii

C Juan juandelcruce1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:56:03 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I am new user of  SimpleITK and for a project I want to read a known
deformation field, previously calculated from another software, which is
stored in dcm format, (could be also in Nifti format).

When I use:

dis = sitk.ReadImage('dvf.dcm', sitk.sitkVectorFloat64)

Throws the error:

RuntimeError: Exception thrown in SimpleITK ReadImage:
C:\d\VS14-Win64-pkg\SimpleITK\Code\IO\src\sitkImageFileReader.cxx:248:
sitk::ERROR: The file has unsupported 5 dimensions.

I am not really sure if simply using ReadImage is the right approach. I
would really appreciate if you can give me some ideas how to solve this
issue.

Thanks!