[vtkusers] installing on Mac OS X

Noecker, Angela M. noeckera at ccf.org
Wed Jul 13 10:49:10 EDT 2005

We are trying to install VTK with Tcl/TK wrapper on Mac OS X version
10.3.  Our attempts at installing 4.2 failed so we tried 4.4.  Our
errors don't seem to be new to many of you on the mailing list but we
can't seem to follow any of the threads through to a successful
conclusion.  I wonder if anyone has advice as to pros/cons of installing
4.4 vs. CVS (we really don't need the ability to track changes or update
code).  And are there any good, clear instructions for installation for
those of us that are totally new to this sort of thing?

We're currently getting (illegal reference to symbol _crc32).  There's
an extensive thread
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-January/071134.html
dealing with this issue but it's not clear that this guy ever got all of
his issues resolved.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Angela
Angela M. Noecker