[vtkusers] Re: Resend: Interact with one of the actors

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Jun 20 16:49:00 EDT 2005

Hi Jim,

To drag vtkActors around (independently of each other) use
vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor as the interactor style.

hth

Goodwin

"Jim" <jiksed at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20050620183157.17774.qmail at web31905.mail.mud.yahoo.com...
Dear vtkusers,

To make my question clearer, I found an example which is similar to my
request:

VTK\Rendering\Testing\Tcl\pickCells.tcl

It seems to me that picking a cell is not a problem. How can I pick and then
drag a cell
around? Thanks. Jim.

Jim <jiksed at yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear VTKUSERS,

I have multiple actors added to the same renderer. Is is possilbe to pick or
select any of the
actors AND drag it around with VTK? The default behavior is to
rotate/zoom/pan all actors
at the same time, but I want to interact with only one of the actors.
Someone please point me
to the right direction or a link to an example? Thanks a bunch.

Jim

http://mail.yahoo.com