[vtkusers] vtkTextActor: fuzziness and other problems

John Norris jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 8 16:02:22 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm having trouble with vtkTextActor.  In addition to the fuzziness
which has already been discussed, I can no longer remove a vtkRenderer
from a window, place it in an offscreen render window to generate a
series of images, then movie it back to the original "onscreen" window
if the renderer contains a vtkTextActor.  A vtkTexture maintains a
pointer to the offscreen render window and references it after the
window has been destroyed.  I've had to roll back vtkTextActor to
2006-3-25 and then add HasTranslucentPolygonalGeometry() and
RenderTranslucentPolygonalGeometry().

I really don't like editing the library directly, and would much prefer
to use a vtkObjectFactory subclass to register an override for
vtkTextActor.  Unfortunately, vtkTextActor's SetInput method is not
virtual, so subclassing isn't really an option.  Is there any chance
that this method could be changed to virtual?

Thanks,
John
--
John Norris