[vtkusers] vtk beginner

Cameron Burnett w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 17:31:16 EDT 2008

You should already be proficient in coding, so the textbook obviously isn't going to help in that regard. Also, if there are pieces of code written in tcl its easy to just convert that straight to c++ by using brackets etc. Not much is different between the two, apart from the fact that most symbols are taken out.

Check out the examples in the VTK directory. In particular the cone examples. I found them to be quite good.

Maybe try to get the cone examples running then let the message board know if there are any problems.

Good luck,
Cameron.