[vtkusers] 8 bit data volume rendering (yet again)

Divya Rathore divyarathore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 01:53:44 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Kind of my last attempt looking for a solution for this..

How do I do volume rendering (one may call it skin extraction as in Medical1
sample) for 8 Bit dataset in VTK?
Image format could be multiple Tiff files or multiple raw 8-bit files.

Medical1 sample takes 16bit images. But I have around 800 files with
1024*512 resolution so 16 bit data for that is a bit too much for Medical1
sample to handle. Hence the need to render 8 Bit data set.

I guess this would be my last attempt to seek suggestions regarding VTK
before I try other options. But am still hopeful..

regards,
D Rathore

--
"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson
and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a