[vtkusers] Subcell Refinements

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 18:20:45 EDT 2012

I am not sure what you mean under "tricks VTK and Paraview into thinking we are
> using a finer grid",

but if it means mean you can't display the element boundaries properly,
since you want to use Paraview,
You need either to use existing cell types ( there are a plenty of them,
I would suggest to check vtkNonLinearCell subclasses )
or if you prefer subdivision approach you might want to create such
boundaries in addition to the geometry.
For example you can create polydata which contain grid boundaries as
defined as bar elements.

Alex