[vtkusers] VTK OPENGL UBUNTU NVIDIA error

Jose Ignacio Prieto joseignacio.prieto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 14:44:53 EDT 2013

Hi, I know this is not exactly vtk but I hope you can get my opengl error.
I made a mistake updating a driver and now I have no idea how to solve it.
I got interested in trying itk filters solved through gpu, so I installed
CUDA following this link:
http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-getting-started-guide-for-linux/index.html#package-manager-installation
Then I realized they were useless so I built a new set of
vtk6.1+itk4.5+qt4.8.5. The problem is that my old files compiled with
vtk6.1+itk4.5+qt4.8.4 don't work anymore. Specifically I had a volume
rendered with vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper and now it shows an error

ERROR: In
/home/cib/Source/Vtk6/Rendering/VolumeOpenGL/vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx,
line 4101

vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper (0x7299be0): Rendering failed because the
following OpenGL extensions are required but not supported:

I have installed-uninstalled nvidia drivers many times but I have no clue
on what is going on. Seems that it changed /usr/local/x86.../libGL.so and
libGLU.so
I am using ubuntu 12.4, my graphics card is nvidia geforce 9800 and qt 4.8.5

Thank you very much!

--
José Ignacio Prieto
celular(nuevo): 94348182