[vtkusers] Error compiling vtk 6.3.0 on win32 (VC++ 2010)

pof jd379252 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 15:52:37 EDT 2015

Le 16/09/2015 20:47, David Gobbi a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:39 PM, pof <jd379252 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jd379252 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Le 16/09/2015 17:37, Ben Boeckel a écrit :
>
>         On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 23:22:23 +0200, pof wrote:
>
>             I am trying to build vtk6.3.0 dlls (using CMake to
>             generate the MSVC
>             project files).
>             - For win64, everything compile and links fine.
>             - For win32, there is a repetitive compilation error
>             complaining about
>             VTK_SIZEOF_CHAR.
>
>             Apparently, the mistake is in the vtkConfigure.h file, in
>             which the line
>                   #define VTK_SIZEOF_CHAR
>             is uncomplete.
>             Modifying as
>                   #define VTK_SIZEOF_CHAR = 1
>             solves the problem, i.e. it compiles and links
>
>         Hmm, that doesn't look like the right fix (it should be just '1',
>         without the '='). We do have VS2010 builds, but they are all
>         32bit. Our
>         32bit builders are VS2012. I guess one should be bumped down
>         to VS2010
>         to test it out.
>
>         But this looks like a very weird case anyways. I don't know
>         why char
>         would fail, but the rest would succeed. Any thoughts from
>         those more
>         familiar with this part of VTK's configure?
>
>         --Ben
>
>     My mistake Ben, of course, the correct fix is (as you mentioned):
>          #define VTK_SIZEOF_CHAR = 1
>

> Doesn't look fixed to me ;)
>
> My primary Windows builds are VS2010 32-bit, and I've never seen this
> problem.  Is it possible that there are header files on your system other
> than those in VS2010 that might be confusing the build?  E.g. do you have
> mingw-gcc or cygwin installed on your system?
>
>  - David
again yes
      #define VTK_SIZEOF_CHAR   1

No David, I have neither mingw-gcc nor cygwin installed.

I have just run again CMake from scratch to produce win32 project, and
this time everything is fine in vtkConfigure.h.
I don't know why yesterday CMake ended with this mistake in vtkConfigure.h
Sorry for reporting what seems to be a wrong issue.

Pof