[vtkusers] Update() methods on multithreaded applications

Enzo Matsumiya enzo.matsumiya at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:04:31 EDT 2016

Hello,

My API implements a method to open a DICOM study and some methods for image processing using ITK.
When using my test application, I call these methods but they lock the UI, as expected, since I'm using VTK and ITK from an object on the same thread as the application's UI.

What is the correct way to deal with that, considering I need constant communication from the UI controls with my VTK objects?