- 1 How to Join the Tcon
- 2 Project Management
- 3 Technical Topics
- 3.1 Previous Meeting Action Items
- 3.2 LICENSING Changes
- 3.3 Dashboard
- 3.4 ITKv4-A02
- 3.5 ITKv4-A03
- 3.6 Level Set
- 3.7 Modularization
- 3.8 Image Registration Revision
- 3.9 Simple ITK
- 3.10 DICOM
- 3.11 Gerrit Code Review
- 3.12 CDash @ Home
- 3.13 Doxygen
- 3.14 Sequestered Reference Applications
- 3.15 Development Versions following ITKv4
- 3.16 Wrapping
- 3.17 ITK Readers for Microscopy formats
- 3.18 Coding Style
- 4 Software Process
How to Join the Tcon
Number to Call
- 1-800-728-9607 (in the US) or
- +1 9139049873 (international)
- access code 6815251
- Meeting link
- Date of next meeting:
- November 2010
- Location: Iowa
- Fall ITKv4 2010 Meeting
- Draft Agenda:
- Fall ITKv4 2010 Meeting#Meeting_Agenda
- Note Suggested Gerrit hands-on Workshop
- Draft Agenda:
- PIs to send calendar conflicts to Terry
Previous Meeting Action Items
- All Done !!
- Stephen was right last tcon, the licensing changes have not been applied yet to ITK's source tree.
- The changes were applied on Wednesday
- LICENSE file: has the Apache 2.0 license
- NOTICE file: has the copyright notice and a manifesto of all other third party pieces of code that ITK carries.
- Please review to see if anything is missing. This was taken from the Debian distribution of ITK 3.16.
- Copyright headers in all ITK files must be changed now
- Proposal is here : File Header Changes
- Change the license in the Web site:
Patented Code Removed
- Files related to patented methods were removed on Friday.
- YEAH !!
- Patented methods are welcome as long as the patent assignee provides a license compatible with the terms of the Apache 2.0 license:
...a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work...
- Dashboard Status - Today's Dashboard
- Mathieu and Luis to report on openjpeg & gdcm
- Freezing until clean
- itkJPEG2000Test05 # FIXED
Open Gerrit Reviews
The number of open reviews is growing. Currently open
- openjpeg related
- Refactoring page
- Tcon Happened
- Xiaoxiao Liu (at Kitware) to start working on partitioning the toolkit
- TIFF 4.0 has been added to github branch:
- Dashboard at:
- Target Date September 15th
- Remaining issues:
- Multi-platform configuration
- Particularly: Definition of Integer types.
- Multi-platform configuration
Image Registration Revision
- Mailing list was created:
- Discussion at MICCAI
- Maybe resume on October ? 10am EST ?
- Past tcon:
Registration Topic Page
- Ziv Yaniv to summarize
- Is the | refactoring of the optimization framework going to be considered for itkv4?
- Time to wrap-up the survey.
- Your last chance to send it to target communities.
- Take the survey - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SimpleITKCommunitySurvey
- Survey results - http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=7s_2f_2baOS0Pe06OO2dWBU_2btf8RPSPzgi8HGlud9B0ILsg_3d
Dan and Mathieu to report
Gerrit Code Review
- Details in the ITK Gerrit Wiki page
- URL: http://review.source.kitware.com/
- Are all developers registered?
- You only need an OpenID
CDash @ Home
- Zach Mullen to report
- cdash@home progress
- Prototype will be ready by Nov meeting.
Recent version of doxygen (>= 1.7.0) runs multiple instances of dot in parallel!!!
Tests with doxygen 1.7.1, on a 6 cores machine 12Gb RAM
- with unmodified doxygen.config.in 330 min
- by changing cache size (and tweaking few parameters) 311 min
- Could it be improved?
Sequestered Reference Applications
We have already made significant changes, and they are not being recorded yet. It is time to setup these reference applications.
- V3D Plugins
Development Versions following ITKv4
- Nightly build use the current ITKv4.
- Insight Applications (ITKApps from v3.20)
- ITK tests from v3.20
- Status (Alex)
ITK Readers for Microscopy formats
- There's a need for readers in the microscopy community in order to be able to use ITK
- Zeiss (LSM and ZVI)
- Leica (LIF)
- Olympus (OIB)
- Nikon ()
- BioFormats has readers and example files for these. It is Java with C++ bindings for ITK, BUT it's GPL.
- Fixing KWStyle/CDash/CTest for Git : Brad Davis report
- The Google C+++ Style Guide is a good example of a style guide. Although the specifics may differ, the format and coverage of this guide is very nice. We may consider producing a similar Guide for ITKv4.
Uncrustify Code Cleanup (Hans)
Migration to Git
- Migration Completed
- Procedure for contributing Patches: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git#Contributing_Patches
- Updating Dashboard Machines to Git
- Contractors to send information to Kitware about the developers who should receive Git write access.
- (include email and public SSH key)
Clean up Releases
|Release Tag||Date||Major Changes|
|Alpha-01||August 7||VS6,BCC55, SunCC (5.7?), Metrowerks Removal (based on compiler features), Remove large Images|
|Alpha-02||August 14||CMake Variables configuration cleanup|
|Alpha-03||August 21||GDCM 2.0, OpenJpeg-v2, +JPEG2000|
|Alpha-04||August 28||Third party libraries update: TIFF, JPEG, PNG|
Unit testing framework
A tutorial has been drafted using the Google Testing framework.