Difference between revisions of "ITK/Release 4/Wrapping"
From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
Latest revision as of 16:00, 9 December 2011
SIMPLIFY ITK by allowing easy access of the toolkit from other languages, especially scripting languages, hiding some difficulties (templates, compilation ...) along the way.
Metrics and goals
- Avoid unnecessary dependencies (see Modular ITK)
- faster compilation
- limited compilation ( see modular itk v4 )
- faster re-compile (touching a given .h should not trigger a full re-compilation)
- Wrap 80%+ of the toolkit
- Have ITK behaves in the different languages as close to the native code as possible
- ITK Image to/from target language array conversion
- Target language inheritance (SWIG directors)
- Automatic type selection in Python
- Binary distribution
- Automatic Inline documentation
- Lua ?
- Tcl ?
- see simpleITK
Required Tools and Technology
Installation is detailled here