[ITK] Exception regarding floating point buffer

Girish, Gavaskar Ruturaj gavaskar.ruturaj.girish at philips.com
Wed Apr 16 00:36:56 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I have written a simple program to smoothen a 3D image using CurvatureFlowImageFilter. The pipeline is as follows: ImageFileReader --> CurvatureFlowImageFilter --> ImageFileWriter
Both input and output pixel types are specified as float. When I run the program, I get the following exception:

Exception caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (000000000012F640)
Location: "unknown"
File: ..\..\..\..\..\ITK\Modules\IO\GDCM\src\itkGDCMImageIO.cxx
Line: 886
was passed but the stored pixel type was not specified.This is currently not supported

What is the cause of this error?

Thanks & Regards
Ruturaj