[ITK] ITK 4.6.1 linking problems in OS X

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 11 12:23:41 EST 2014

Hello,

I am going to assume you are using CMake's XCode generator, and you are finding and using ITK from the build tree in CMake

Unfortunately, the XCode environment has some limitation with the command line length causing paths to be truncated when a large number of include and link library paths are listed. I presume this may be the cause of the error you are seeing.

Three possible solutions:

1) install ITK into a directory and use it from there. This will significantly reduce the number of include paths and option needed.
2) Use ITK in a modular fashion and specify only the ITK components needed in the CMake FIND_PACKAGE command.
3) Switch to another generator, such as unix make

Doing 3 is probably the quickest to test if this really is a caused by the XCode generator limitations.

Brad