[ITK] Landmark projection onto volumetric data.

Ryan Edward Young Ryan.E.Young at Colorado.EDU
Mon Jun 2 14:53:07 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have an algorithmic question.  I am tryping to porject points down onto a
volume.  This is typical done by converting the volume into a mesh.  The
the normal of the surface and the surface itself are easily accessible.
Then the point can be project along the normal until it reaches the
surface.  My data is volumetric and it would be best if I did not have to
create meshes.  Any pointers on where to begin.  How would you define the
normal?

Thanks
Ryan