[ITK] [ITK-dev] ITK and old expat library

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jun 2 08:34:47 EDT 2014

Hello,

As the symbols in the ITK library are not managled. So if you try to use the a system expat in conjunction with the ITK expat you could have conflicting symbols and undefined behavior. Simply installing the header in a different location will not solve this problem.

Configuring ITK to use a system expat will fully solve you problem.

You can find how other third party libraries did it here:

https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/ThirdParty/JPEG/CMakeLists.txt
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/ThirdParty/TIFF/CMakeLists.txt

Would you like to try to create a patch to address this issue?

Thanks,
Brad