[ITK Community] SimpleITK 0.8 Release Candidate 2

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Mar 10 11:42:13 EDT 2014

Good morning,

We are happy to announce that SimpleITK Release Candidate 2 is available.

Binary and source distributions are available for downloading here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/0.8rc2/Python/

We have added to the Python Wheels to the binary distribution for evaluation. Python whl files can be installed with "pip install", while eggs can be install with "easy_install". For either manual download of the file is most reliable.

If you have easy_install from setuptools>=0.9.5 upgrading can be as easy as:
   easy_install --upgrade -f http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/0.8rc2/Python/ SimpleITK

Release Notes - SimpleITK - Version 0.8 RC2

** Bug
    * [SIMPLEITK-507] - The Examples in the "Segmentation" sub-directory are not being run  and need to be updated.
    * [SIMPLEITK-508] - The Python PEP386 version should not have a '.' before the release candidate  suffix.

** Improvement
    * [SIMPLEITK-501] - An optional stripping of symbols needs to be done on OSX for the distributed libraries. This reduces the size of the libraries by ~100 Megabytes.

** New Feature
    * [SIMPLEITK-372] - When testing is disabled Python eggs are not created  by the "dist" target.
    * [SIMPLEITK-505] - Add threshold value as measurement to auto thresholding filters.
    * [SIMPLEITK-506] - Add support for generating python wheel to enable pip to download binaries.

** Task
    * [SIMPLEITK-492] - Reduce warnings on the dashboard.

Enjoy!
Brad