[ITK] [ITK-dev] [ITK Community] [Insight-developers] non-deterministic v4 registrations in 4.5.x

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:29:47 EDT 2014

yes - i understand.

* matt mccormick implemented compensated summation to address - it helps
but is not a full fix

* truncating floating point precision greatly reduces the effect you are
talking about but is unatisfactory to most people ... not sure if the
functionality for that truncation was taken out of the v4 metrics but it
was in there at one point.

* there may be a small and undiscovered bug that contributes to this in
mattes specificallly but i dont think that's the issue.  we saw this effect
even in mean squares.  if there is a bug it may be beyond just mattes.   we
cannot disprove that there is a bug.  if anyone knows of way to do that,
let me know.

* any help is appreciated

brian