[ITK] PasteImageFilter

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 7 08:57:54 EDT 2014

Hello,

I don't believe that Paste writing is supported by HDF5 image file format. If it is it might not be well tested.

You might want to try an mha file extension to use the MetaImageIO file formation. I have used the mha and mrc file extensions heavily with streaming and have complete confidence in their implementation. I don't have much first hand experience with hdf5 though.

I have had to do simular operations before. However, I don't use the Paste feature for Streaming IO, just set the number of streaming streaming divisions. What I do is I create a pipeline which composes all the files ( sometime the JoinSeriesImageFilter or the TileImageFilter ) which can be the PasteImageFilter for you, then set that as input to the writer where the number of streaming divisions is set to the number of z-slices. To get the information from the input files call ImageFileReader::UpdateOutputInformation(). This will update the meta-data ( largest possible region, meta-data dictionary etc), but not read the image data.

Hope this helps,
Brad