[ITK] Hello & beginners question

Dr Bernhard Schaffer bschaffer at superstem.org
Sat Oct 11 14:59:03 EDT 2014

Hi to all,

I've just signed up to this list, so please be patient with me and
presumably dumb questions. Potentially a lot of questions.  I'm still trying
to get a grip on ITK in general.

I'm using it as an extension in another application, where I already have
images & visualization, so I'm mainly interest in utilizing some of the more
advanced image-computation algorithms.

So far I've been to the usual suspects of information (ITK webpage, itkWiki,
InsightSoftwarGuide-Book, Doxygen documentation) and I've been able to get
ITK compiled and incorporated in my project (on a basic level).

However, quite a lot of itk-concepts are strange/new to me and the syntax is
not always clear to me neither.

Upfront question: Is it generally better to ask (itk) coding-related
questions in this group, or on a more general platform like StackOverlow
with the [itk] tag ?

(First) coding question:

Right now, I'm looking for simple code/syntax example for the use of
EvaluatePosition().

I've seen the method in the Doxygen documentation, but so far I've not found
a good example code anywhere and the parameters are a bit obscure to me.

What I'm trying to do is the following:

1.       Load a set of vertices (2D) into the VoronoiDiagram2DGenerator

2.       Generate the diagram (using the size of an existing image as outer
boundary)

3.       Test points of the image ( a subset ) against the generated
VoronoiDiagram to label them with the VoronoiCellIndex

4.       Eventually label  all of the points of my image to create a simple
Voronoi label map from my image.

Steps 1 & 2 are pretty clear to me, as they are in the VoronoiDiagram
WikiExample
(http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Segmentation/WishList/VoronoiDiagram2D
Generator)

Step 3 is where I would need some example code. (Maybe as an extension to
the example above?)

Step 4 would follow, but if there is a smarter/faster way of creating such a
"pixelated" VoronoiDiagram, I would love to see some example code as well.

Thanks in advance,

   Bernhard