[ITK] [ITK-users] SimpleITK python3.4 OSX egg/homebrew

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Oct 17 08:12:16 EDT 2014

Hello,

There are quite a large number of different binary distributions of Python and not all of them can be supported. Currently the the binaries are compatible with OSX's system python.

It is not too hard to build SimpleITK itself for you custom installation. Information on how to do that can be found here [1].

If you are familiar with Homebrew then it should not be too hard to write a recipe for that packaging system. Contributing this to the community would be very welcomed and appreciated by many. There is a recipe for the anaconda python distribution that may be a good basis for Homebrew[2].

Brad

[1] http://www.itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Build_It_Yourself
[2] https://github.com/conda/conda-recipes/blob/master/simpleitk/build.sh