[ITK] Win64 Visual Studio 12 segfaults

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 14 06:56:38 EST 2015

Bradley Lowekamp wrote on Jan 13, 2015:
> Wow, very nice! Thanks for the clear commit message too.

You're welcome  :-)

> Here is the latest dashboard build:
> https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3650940
> Way to squash 104 failing tests! One left though :)

Cool!  Do you have a clue how fix the one test failure that is left?
I see it's a failure of CellularSegmentation1Test.

> With all this being done, I am still not sure I would trust
> this compiler to generate correct code with ITK.

I really hope so!  Visual Studio 2013 has had four updates already,
including many compiler bug fixes. VS2013 offers many Standard C++
language features that were not available in previous versions of
Visual C++, including:

   * Initializer lists
   * Variadic templates
   * Delegating constructors
   * Raw string literals
   * 'using' aliases
   * Deleted functions ('=delete')
   * Defaulted functions ('=default')
   * Non-static data member initializers

A longer list is at "What's New for Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2013",
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh409293.aspx

Kind regards, Niels
--
Niels Dekker
Scientific programmer at LKEB, Leiden University Medical Center