[ITK] Win64 Visual Studio 12 segfaults

Floris Berendsen floris at isi.uu.nl
Wed Jan 14 07:42:31 EST 2015

Unfortunately I ran into more problems with the VS2013 compiler. If I set
ITK_USE_64BITS_IDS to ON the compiler crashes while building Release.

Could this setting be added to the setup of lhcp-vm-win701.nlm on CDash,
since I think this configuration is preferable for 64bits?

The compiler crash is related to a typecast of a 64bits id to an unsigned
int. We are working on a next minimal example.

In case of ITK, this (implicit) typecast is performed when calling the
vnl-library, since it uses unsigned ints for indexing vectors.
This raises the next question if vnl is suitable for 64bits at all, since
it looks like it is limited to 32 bit.

Cheers,
Floris