[ITK] Win64 Visual Studio 12 segfaults

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 27 14:54:38 EST 2015

Status update: Floris Berendsen and I are currently testing a few
workarounds for the build errors and test failures that appeared at
the Dashboard for Win64-VS12-Release-Shared after setting
ITK_USE_64BITS_IDS:
https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3670301

Next week, we expect to be able to submit a patch to
http://review.source.kitware.com, with the help of our colleague
Marius Staring.  Hope it's still in time for the next ITK release  :-)

Furthermore, you may have seen that both compiler bugs have been
confirmed by Microsoft by now, and that Gratian Lup (Microsoft)
commented that these two bugs have been been fixed for the Visual
Studio 2015:

"Compiler generates divpd instruction on non-aligned data",
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/10601

"VS2013 x64 Release (/O2) fatal error C1001 on narrowing integer
conversions...",
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/1093610

Matt, thanks for your vote on the bug report  :-)

Kind regards, Niels
--
Niels Dekker
Scientific programmer at LKEB, Leiden University Medical Center