[ITK] Query about building ITK on Windows 64-bit with Python Wrapping

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Sat Mar 21 11:29:34 EDT 2015

Hello,

WrapITK has recently been upgraded to use CastXML ( clang based ), instead of GCCXML. This appears to now be working MS VS12 ( aka Visual Studio 2013?) windows compiler[1]. This is relatively new and it would be great if you can checkout ITK master and try to build it and report how it works for you. The wiki hasn't been updated with this latest bit of information.

However please keep in mind that WrapITK does not contain 100% of ITK and not 100% of Registration. For example it does contain the ITKv3 ImageRegistationMethod however it doest not contain the new ITKv4 ImageRegistration method or frame work. With effort this thing can be wrapped.

If you have to resort to SimpleITK, you will find the binaries for window64 readily available from the nightly dashboard[2]. The best place to check if SimpleITK has the registration methods you need would be the doxygen[3]. It contains the ITKv4 Registration framework, as well as some legacy image registration filter. The frame work is capable of affines, bspline, and displacement transforms and many nice feature of the ITKv4 framework.

Do you have a specific registration method you are looking to do? or just explore some options?

Brad

[1] https://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3738598
[2] http://www.itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Nightly_binaries
[3] http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/classes.html