[ITK] Query about building ITK on Windows 64-bit with Python Wrapping

Evan Kao tossin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 03:19:21 EDT 2015

Hello Bradley,

Regarding registration, I'm just exploring options right now.  It seems
like SimpleITK 0.9b is the way to go then.

I still attempted to build ITK 4.8 with python-wrapping on and a few
additional optional modules that I turned on mainly because they sounded
interesting (ITKConfig.cmake attached for reference) with Visual Studio
2013/ver 12.  The build took about 12 hours (is that normal?) and seems to
have mostly succeeded other than a few errors in the optional modules (I
think they were in BridgeNumpy and VariationalRegistration).

However I'm having some trouble using itk in python (same as the one
described here
<http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/community/2014-April/005753.html>).
I've tried adding the WrapITK.pth file to site-packages as well as directly
adding both of the paths specified in WrapITK.pth directly to the
PYTHONPATH, but keep getting "AttributeError: 'module' object has no
attribute 'swig' " every time I attempt to use a filter.  Do you know how
to fix the issue?

Thanks,
Evan Kao