[ITK] Small gaussian sphere iterator over 3D image

Leslie Solorzano lesolorzanov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:09:56 EDT 2015

I am aware of the existance of ShapedNeighborhoodIterator
<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ShapedNeighborhoodIterator.html>.
But I don't understand how to use it.
I have a 3D image and I would like to iterate trought it and calculate a
value according to a guassian sphere centered at each voxel.

I don't understand if the shaped iterator makes a box with given radii (or
offsets), or it makes an ellipse with given offsets.

My sphere is very small, a 4 voxel raidus (7 maximum), and I'd like the
values farthest from the center weight less in my sum, thus the gaussian.

So it is pretty simple, make a shapedneighborhooditerator to be a sphere,
iterate and keep each value as the weighted sum of the values in its
neighbors in a 3D image, can some point me in the right direction?

Thankyou