[ITK] problems installing ITK 4.8.1 on OS X 10.9.5

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Nov 10 13:13:30 EST 2015

On 11/10/2015 11:02 AM, Amber Simpson wrote:
> I resolved the problem by reverting from CMake 3.4.0-rc3 to 3.3.2

Thanks for reporting this.  I'd like to track down this possible
regression in CMake.  I'm not able to reproduce the problem as
reported.

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Amber Simpson wrote:
>
>> The file is present in VTK but the directory is not included in
>> the -l list in ITK. Related, the incorrect include directory is
>> shown (/include/vtk-6.3 instead of ~/VTKBuild/include/vtk-6.3)
>> in the same listing. I'm not sure where these are set.

Is ~/VTKBuild the top of the build tree or of the install tree of VTK?
In the ITK CMakeCache.txt you posted you point VTK_DIR at ~/VTKBuild.
In a normal VTK build tree that directory would contain VTKConfig.cmake
but not include/vtk-6.3 (because the source tree will be used for the
include directories).  The include/vtk-6.3 directory only appears in
an install tree, in which case VTKConfig.cmake would be in a different
location.

What commands are you using to build/install VTK?

Thanks,
-Brad