[ITK] ITK Example ShapeOpeningLabelMapFilter

Jeanna S. jeannasheen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:08:42 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to process the attached image using the ShapeOpeningLabelMapFilter
for the Insight Toolkit. The image is of a retina, and I want to use the
image filter to remove the blood vessels from the picture (the blood
vessels are the long, skinny, branching lines). I was wondering if the
example code for the ShapeOpeningLabelMapFilter (here
<https://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/ShapeOpeningLabelMapFilter>)
would be able to do this with a little modification, and if so, which
attribute would be the most useful to identify and remove the blood vessels.

Thanks in advance.