[ITK] SimpleITK Python wheels?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:45:58 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Matt McCormick
<matt.mccormick at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> The just-released SimpleITK 0.10.0 has OSX and manylinux wheels in
> addition to Windows wheels.

Ah - yes - I saw 0.10.0 - but the only wheels on pypi are Windows
wheels - unless I'm looking at the wrong page:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/SimpleITK/0.10.0

I couldn't see any 0.10.0 wheels at
https://itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/PyDownloadPage.html or
http://www.simpleitk.org//SimpleITK/resources/software.html .

I did try installing the 0.9.1 wheel via the sourceforge address, but
that failed at the download step, so I had to download manually.

I would really help if the wheels were up on pypi - it's generally
very reliable and fast, and it's where people are expecting to find
them.

> We are working on improved wheel support in SimpleITK and also
> hopefully ITK, VTK, symengine, pyne, matplotlib... with the
> scikit-build project:
>
>   https://github.com/scikit-build/scikit-build
>
> We made many strides since the 2016 SciPy conference. Additional
> community collaboration and contributions are welcome :-).

Good to know - thanks for the pointer.

Here is my current machinery for building and testing manylinux and
OSX wheels : https://github.com/matthew-brett/multibuild - it's
currently in use for numpy, scipy, matplotlib, pandas, h5py and
others,

Cheers,

Matthew