[ITK] Read Dicoms from bytestream

weiehome at sina.com weiehome at sina.com
Fri Mar 11 00:50:29 EST 2016

Hi, ITK team,

I am new to ITK and now working on a project on medical imaging analysis.

Now i have a JAVA project that deals with user interfaction, and i am preparing using ITK through JNI.
My question is that how can i use ITK image reader (GDCM) to read from a byte stream, not with a given file path.
I saw all reading function in ImageReader takes a parameter of file localtion string, i wonder if there is a function takes a byte array as input parameter?
so in java side, i can read file into bytes array and then parse bytes to ITK to decode dicoms.. the reason is that my JAVA application may be not responsible for read dicoms from some locations,..

Best Wishes
Xie

weiehome at sina.com