[ITK] Read Dicoms from bytestream

Lambert Zijp ljzijp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:12:18 EST 2016

Hi Xie,

True, most PACS (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_archiving_and_communication_system)
will not allow access to the place where they store their dicom files.
A solution is to install a dicom server on a machine where you do have
access, query/retrieve the images you want from the PACS, and feed the
filenames to ITK. There are free dicom servers around, e.g. the Conquest
Dicom Server (https://ingenium.home.xs4all.nl/dicom.html).

Good luck,
Lambert