[ITK] exporting MHD to DICOM RT

Amber Simpson simpsona at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:17:57 EST 2016

Hi All,

I have 200 images and segmented masks in MHD format that I would like to
export to DICOM RT for sharing on The Cancer Imaging Archive. There is a
publication that covers this topic, but the code appears to be restricted
to ITK 3.10. The issues I encountered while compiling on Ubuntu 16.04 and
OS X 10.9.5 are detailed below.

The paper and source code:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/316

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm open to other approaches as well.

Thanks,
Amber

---------------------

Compile error on the RTSTRUCT code with ITK 4.10:

[ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/export2RTSTRUCT.dir
/export2RTSTRUCT.cxx.o

In file included from /Users/simpsonl/Dropbox/Liver/
src/RTSTRUCT/export2RTSTRUCT.cxx:8:

*/Users/simpsonl/Dropbox/Liver/src/RTSTRUCT/itkRTSTRUCTIO.h:28:10: **fatal
error: *

*      'gdcmSeqEntry.h' file not found*

#include "gdcmSeqEntry.h"

*         ^*

There is a bug report discussed here:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2009-April/029900.html

The error is apparently solved by reverting to ITK 3.10. Unfortunately, ITK
3.10 is not compiling on either workstation. This is the compile error with
ITK 3.10 on OS X (Ubuntu was similarly problematic):

*/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/cmath:668:1:
note: *

      candidate function

abs(long double __x) _NOEXCEPT {return fabsl(__x);}

*^*

27 warnings and 4 errors generated.

This is apparently solvable with ITK 4:

https://itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2015-March/051696.html