[ITK] Changing between Debug/Release Builds

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Wed Jan 25 21:30:07 EST 2017

Hello Toby,

What is your development environment? Are you using Windows/Visual Studio?
Are you working on Linux or Mac?
The email thread you are referencing is about Visual Studio. The
configuration that is described in it is having on build folder. The build
type is set directly in Visual Studio. You can then have both a Debug and a
Release version in the same build directory.
If you work with a different environment, you most likely will have to have
two build folders as, as you saw, the build type is selected at
configuration time with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.

Hope this helps,
Francois