[ITK] Changing between Debug/Release Builds

Wood, Tobias tobias.wood at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 08:58:29 EST 2017

> To my knowledge, there is no way to select between Debug/Release on Mac/Linux the way you can do it on Windows/Visual Studio. However, on Mac/Linux, you can compile an application for example in Debug mode and link it to ITK compiled in Release, whereas on Windows/Visual Studio everything has to be build with the same build type.

Okay - that’s a shame but at least now I fully understand what’s going on. I usually do exactly as you say - compile my code in either Debug or Release and link against Release ITK. In this case my question was prompted because while debugging my code I wanted to step into the ITK source for ProcessObject and check something. Of course the problem turned out to be in my code in the end!

Thanks very much for your help,
Toby