[IGSTK-Developers] HelloWorld Application

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Wed Jun 22 17:34:07 EDT 2005

David Gobbi wrote:

> Kevin Gary wrote:
>
>> Julien Jomier wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> 3) Regarding the wiki page. Where is the best place for the
>>> questions (if I have any) to be discussed on the next T-Con? Agenda
>>> or Status?
>>

>> Well either page should be fine, though I might suggest the Agenda as
>> that is the first place I go
>> when the tcon starts.
>>
>> Hmm, I am running the HelloWorld app and do not see a problem...
>

> I would have to agree with Julien, the HelloWorld app does not respond
> to dragging the mouse in the "mouse tracker" box.  There should be
> something in the app that tells the tracker to update, but there isn't.

Actually that wasn't the problem, the problem was that the "Open()"
method was never being called on the tracker, and as a result the
MouseTracker never reached its Tracking state (there was an error
output, but I had to turn off some of the logger output in order to see
it).  It looks like the HelloWorld example wasn't updated when the
igstkMouseTrackerTest was last updated.

I've committed a fix, but now the HelloWorld example displays the same
problem as the other tracking examples: the transform works its way from
the tracker to the spatial object, but it the positions of the objects
on the screen don't change.

 - David