[IGSTK-Developers] Does IGSTK need any calibration components?

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Wed Nov 16 12:09:43 EST 2005

Hi James,

Yes, IGSTK will need a pointer calibration component, so if you can
supply one then that would be great. Also, any description of the method
would be useful - it is very important that all of the mathematical
algorithms used by IGSTK are well documented.

For ultrasound, we will probably want to wait until we have a video
acquisition class for IGSTK. The crossed-wire method is a good
calibration method to support. There are tons of different ultrasound
calibration methods, but the crossed-wire method is as accurate as any
of the others, and the phantom is easy to construct.

- David